Unable to Obtain Police Clearance For K1 Fiancé Visa

(upbeat music) – I couldn’t produce the police clearance and my case was in administrative
process because of it. In Bangladesh, they say they usually finish
administrative processing in 60 days. I explained why I couldn’t
produce the police clearance by letter. Is it possible to have a K1 visa without the police clearance? Just to let you know, yes, you’re correct. Usually, administrative
processing lasts about 60 days. If they cannot make a
decision within 60 days, they may send your case back to the USCIS. But, to answer your question
about getting approved without it, to be honest with you, I have not seen a fiance visa get approved without providing all required documents. A police certificate is probably one of the most important documents
that they’re reviewing. That goes for both the
petitioner, US citizen, or the alien beneficiary,
that’s the foreign citizen. They perform background checks on both and they want to make sure that
the alien beneficiary coming to the US is not gonna be a harm to the US or their citizens, so they
perform these background checks. How they do that is they
request police clearance from every country that you
lived or worked in since age 16. You must provide these documents. I’ve heard of folks
submitting letters before, stating why they were unable
to obtain certain documents, but I’ve never heard of a consular officer
actually accepting those. So, you may receive what is
called a Request for Evidence and they’ll ask you to obtain those. Now, there are some
exceptions to the rule. That is when the embassy itself states that if you are living or residing outside of this country, you can no
longer obtain said records from this particular country. Now, if that’s the case in Bangladesh, you may be able to write a letter stating that because you no longer live
there, I can’t obtain those or if you’re living in another country and you can’t obtain those
from a different country. But, basically, it
depends on your situation. From my experience, you’re gonna have to produce that record. You can go online to the
US Department of State. They have a reciprocity schedule. They give you instructions on
how to obtain those documents. Even if you’re living outside the country, a lot of times you can
submit a request by mail. You can go to the foreign
embassy in the country that you’re residing in and
you can get fingerprints and submit a request through there. But, there’s many different
ways to obtain these documents. If you need some assistance on that, I can’t make any promises,
but give us a call. We may be able to point
you in the right direction and help you out there. – If you found this video
useful, it would mean a lot to us if you could hit the
like button and comment below to let us know what you think. You can also ask your
own immigration questions in the comments below. If you wanna make sure not to
miss any of our future videos, we invite you to
subscribe here on YouTube, and be sure to click the notification icon so you can be altered
whenever we publish a video. Also, don’t forget to
follow us on Facebook, where you can watch our regular
immigration Q&A livestreams. (upbeat music)

Leave a Reply