2016: How to apply for Adjustment of Status, Green Card GC04

2016: How to apply for Adjustment of Status, Green Card GC04

This is Fred Wahl the VisaCoach Todays topic is: “How to apply for Adjustment
of Status to get your Green Card 2016?” Visa Coach Fast, Easy and Personal I am Fred Wahl, the VisaCoach, I am known
for giving you personal one-on-one attention AND for going the “extra mile” to create for
you an impressive “front loaded application” that tells “YOUR story” to convince a skeptical
immigration officer to approve your case. Don’t risk facing immigration alone. Rookie
mistakes cause tears, delays and expensive denials. Let the VisaCoach guide you quickly
and safely each step along the way. This is what two of my clients Michael + Anna,,
had to say: Michael comes from Scotland and I helped him
get his Fiance visa., Many thanks for all your help and guidance
through the initial petition process. With us both working full time there is
no way we could have done it as fast or as comprehensive if it wasn’t for your knowledge
and expertise. Plus my fiance had been out of the States for several
years so you helped get us up to speed on everything. Thanks again and we are so excited to finally
be starting our new life together in the same country. Now, lets talk about “How to apply for Adjustment
of Status to get your Green Card 2016?.” If your spouse entered the USA on a Fiance
visa, and you two have married within 90 days of her arrival, in order for
her to remain in the USA, the next step is to apply for permission from US immigration
to allow her to remain in the USA permanently. The fiance visa officially only allows her
to visit the USA for a short 90 days. To stay longer, the application you file is
for “Adjustment of Status”, this is to “adjust” her status from a 90 day visitor
to a permanent resident. At the end of the process she gets proof she is allowed
to remain. This is a small id, about the size of a drivers licence, called
the “Green Card” First you and she submit your application
to USCIS. The application should include evidences that
your fiance arrived using the K1 visa, that your marriage took place, that
you have combined your lives as a bone fide couple, and that you have enough
financial resources to keep your spouse off of welfare. It also should include proof that she
visited a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon (medical doctor) and her
innoculation records were verified to match the higher standards,
than were earlier needed when she attended the consular medical
to obtain the fiance visa. About one month after sending off the application
your spouse is required to visit a USCIS office for Biometrics. She will
be fingerprinted and photo graphed. Then the process may take on average, 3 to
12 months till she is granted permanent residency and approved for her Green Card. For most couples, before permanent residency
is approved, the couple must attend an interview at a USCIS office. There they
present evidences they may have failed to include in their original application,
and answer questions to convince the USCIS reviewer that their marriage is “bone
fide” and was not entered into, simply for immigration benefits. If the couple “pass” the interview, permanent
residency is granted, and the Green card arrives in the mail about a month later. Most couples are required to attend an interview,
but USCIS has the option to waive the interview, if in the opinion of the USCIS officer reviewng
the file, that the evidences presented are so complete, an interview is unnecessary. The beauty of the high quality standard VisaCoach
applies to it’s “front loaded presentation” for adjustment of status, is that most VisaCoach
clients, enjoy having their interview waived and are not required to attend an interview.
In most cases, her Green Card arrives in the mail without fuss. While the Green Card is pending, and it can
take a very long time, the applicant may not work, nor cross the US borders, but is allowed
to live in the USA. Of course, USCIS understands that the spouse
may want to work, or may want or need to travel. The option to do either is available. The
applicant can apply while her permanent residency is pending
for Employment Authorization, to be allowed to work, and/or for Advance Parole to be allowed
to enter/exit. If applying for Employment Authorization or
Advance parole at the same time as applying for permanent residency,
typically both are granted about two months after the combined application. Usually the
card confirming that EA or AP have been granted arrives in
the mail about 1 month after photos were taken during the
biometrics session. When VisaCoach crafts a “front loaded adjustment
of status presentation” I include the additional applications
for employment authorization and/or advance parole free of charge. If applied for separately, not at the time
of the initial application, Advance Parole or Employment Authorization
typically take 3 months to be granted. Finally, USCIS confirms granting of permanent
residency, and sends the spouse her Green Card. If the marriage was under 2 years old, when
the application was submitted, the Green Card, issued
is only “Conditional” and only valid for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years, for your spouse
to remain in the USA, another application to USCIS is needed
This time the application is called application to “Remove Conditions on Residency”. Once again, you as a couple, must demonstrate
your “bone fides” to US immigration. On approval of the “removal
of conditions” her permanent residency is upgraded
to permanent, permanent residency, versus conditional (or two year tempoary) permanent
residency. If the marriage was over 2 years old, when
the adjustment of status application was submitted, then there would not be any “conditions” applied,
and your spouse’s permanent residency would be permanent. As early as 2 years and 9 months from the
first approval date of her first Green Card, your
spouse may apply for US citizenship. This was Fred Wahl, The VisaCoach Please “like” or add your comments to this
video. Then go to VisaCoach.com and sign up for the
VisaCoach monthly newsletter. Each month it is full of tips and advice on immigration.
And its free of charge. Finally, when you are ready to hire my help
to WIN your case, please call for your free consultation and to get started. Before starting on your immigration adventure,
before entering an arcane maze of rules, regulations and procedures, before commiting yourself
to a risky path that could mean an end to your happiness, speak with
the VisaCoach and ask for his Free Consultation. He listens to you to learn the red flags and
strengths of your case, your eligibility and goals.
He will suggest which visa is right for you, the best strategy to get it, and how soon
your love could join you. The friendly advice and wisdom he’ll freely
share with you, might make the difference between
approval and denial, and could save you months, or years, of lonliness and separation. What have you got to lose? Book your free consultation today.


  • clint taylor

    September 16, 2016

    Hi Fred I've recently being denied my ESTA what would be the best step my wife is from America and we have a 5 year old son being together 10 years in new Zealand any help would be much appreciated thanks

  • clint taylor

    September 22, 2016

    we are abroad my wife moved to nz 10 years ago can this be tricky?

  • Global AF

    November 1, 2016

    How long does it take to get results after the biometrics appt??

  • James ace Gripon

    January 13, 2017

    I have an RFE but now I checked my status it says "document was mailed to me" what doesn it mean??

  • Emily Balanay

    April 14, 2017



Leave a Reply